At Intraix, we are devoted to helping our readers save as much energy as possible. Here are some ways you can start saving energy from your home with tips from Singapore's Energy Portal. Did you know that the main source of energy consumption actually comes from your air-conditioner (if you frequently use it), fridge and ovens. With these tips, you can start saving more energy and be an energy saver hero/heroine!
Here are five energy-saving tips:
1) Use your air-conditioner wisely and you can maximise your energy usage (e.g. setting the air-conditioner to turn off an hour before waking up for work daily).
2) Buy energy efficient appliances with labels showing energy efficiency rating.
3) Choose energy efficient lighting (e.g. choose compact fluorescent lamps or CFL instead of the old incandsecent light bulbs as both provide the same brightness.)
4) Avoid overloading your fridge by keeping out heat (e.g. avoid opening the doors unnecessarily).
5) Switch off your home appliances when not in use, especially TVs and computers as they continue to use electricity. Start today, start NOW!
Read more here.